Error trying to run Access 97 after installing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, all! 

I have just installed the Office 97 package on my PC (with Windows XP Pro SP3). The installations reports success, BUT when I try to start Access 97, I get an error message saying ""Access can not be started because there is no license for it on this machine" The only other Office programs installed on this machine are the programs in the Office 2010 package, and they are all working just fine... 

What the heck is wrong here? I have used the original Office 97 CD, and all the other Office 97 programs (Word and Powerpoint) run just fine, I have successfully tested both Word 97 and Powerpoint, which both work excellent. Any ideas?

• Moved by Aaron.Parker Sunday, May 5, 2013 9:23 AM Not related to App-V
    Saturday, May 4, 2013 7:41 PM

All replies

• Does your question have anything to do with running Access 97 under Microsoft Application Virtualization?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Saturday, May 4, 2013 10:47 PM
  • Hello, mr. Parker

Does your question have anything to do with running Access 97 under Microsoft Application Virtualization?

Hello, mr. Parker, 

Unfortunately, my question should have been placed in an Office 97 forum, not the Application Virtualization forum. Still, I would be extremely thankful, if anyone has a hint to what "magic" trick I have to do to fix this Access 97 problem... 

Arnljot Moseng

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Sunday, May 5, 2013 7:40 AM