none
Two jobs in same protection group "replica is inconsistent" RRS feed

• Question

• For the last few weeks, these two jobs keep failing. They are file backups, I have several other protection groups that are not having problems. I have tried all sorts of things but am coming up short.

Affected area: H:\

Occurred since: 3/3/2015 11:34:34 AM

Description: The replica of Volume H:\ on file.internal.conteso.org is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. 

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)

The replica of Volume H:\ on file.internal.conteso.org is not consistent with the protected data source. DPM error ID = 92. (ID 33123)

More information

Recommended action:

Synchronize with consistency check.

Run a synchronization job with consistency check...

Resolution: To dismiss the alert, click below

Inactivate alert

Affected area: E:\

Occurred since: 3/3/2015 11:34:35 AM

Description: The replica of Volume E:\ on file.internal.conteso.org is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. 

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)

The replica of Volume E:\ on file.internal.conteso.org is not consistent with the protected data source. DPM error ID = 92. (ID 33123)

More information

Recommended action:

Synchronize with consistency check.

Run a synchronization job with consistency check...

Resolution: To dismiss the alert, click below

Inactivate alert

What should I try next?

Monday, March 9, 2015 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of DPM + UR are you running.  The above are alert details and do not contain the cause of the job failure. What are the details of the failed JOB ?   Have you check the application and system event logs on the file server for errors at the time of the backup failure ?  Have you tried rebooting the protected server ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 9, 2015 8:59 PM
  • Hi, thanks.

Running DPM 2010 R2 with rollup version 3.0.7706.00 

I have rebooted the server and that has not resolved the issue.

I have checked the logs on both the DMP server and the File server and am not seeing anything related to DPM

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:03 AM
  • H,

What are the details of the failed JOB ?

FYI - You are way behind on DPM 2010 fixes - latest is UR7  - V3.0.8195.0.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:00 PM