How to disable Windows 10 update facilitation RRS feed

• Question

• How I can disable that service? It always deny all changes I try to make
    Friday, July 13, 2018 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

Even through we could disable Windows Update service in Service console, but there is a Windows build-in task in Task Scheduler, it will auto check Window udpate every 22 hours. So it will activate Window Update and bring it to auto after update service was disabled by us. From this point, there is no official way to disable Window Update function permanently.

What we could do is pausing Update up to 35 days through Settings\Update & Security\Windows Update\Advanced options\Pause Updates. Or defer Windows Feature Updates up to 180 days through Settings\Update & Security\Windows Update\Advanced options\Defer Feature Updates. But both of them only apply to Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise and Education.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 16, 2018 2:20 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Even through we could disable Windows Update service in Service console, but there is a Windows build-in task in Task Scheduler, it will auto check Window udpate every 22 hours. So it will activate Window Update and bring it to auto after update service was disabled by us. From this point, there is no official way to disable Window Update function permanently.

What we could do is pausing Update up to 35 days through Settings\Update & Security\Windows Update\Advanced options\Pause Updates. Or defer Windows Feature Updates up to 180 days through Settings\Update & Security\Windows Update\Advanced options\Defer Feature Updates. But both of them only apply to Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise and Education.

Bests,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 16, 2018 2:20 AM
  • Thanks for your  help. Really bad news. Is it posible to disable that task?
    Monday, July 16, 2018 4:28 PM
  • Hi,

The task can't be deleted or disabled by any user account, that is why I say we can't disable Windows update permanently. 

If my reply is useful for you. Please kindly mark it as an answer to help more customers to find useful information more quickly.

Bests,

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 1:34 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

Friday, July 20, 2018 1:29 AM
  • Your answer was clearly not the solution to the issue. We want to GET RID of the update for whatever reason. Your kind "it is not possible" is not an answer. Thanks for understanding. 
    Sunday, September 16, 2018 5:49 PM