Customsettings.ini can not be found in any standard locations RRS feed

• Question

• We set up an MDT Sever in our Middle School. In attempting to capture an image we connect to the scripts folder and it begins to run the windows script. At "processing rules" it stalls. I opened the BDD.log file with cmtrace and found the above error. Customsettings.ini can not be found in any standard locations. Unable to find rules INI file, rc = 1 ZTIGather 2/23/2015 8:42:59 AM 0 (0x0000)

ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by ZTIGather, rc = 8000 ZTIGather 2/23/2015 8:42:59 AM 0 (0x0000)

The customsettings.ini does exist on the share.

I have another odd thing happening here. I found another deployment share on the server when we only created one. I have no idea how this happened or if someone else created the share. They are identical. Is there a way to delete this share? Could this cause a conflict in successful operation of the task sequence? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, February 23, 2015 3:26 PM

Answers

• open the bdd.log file and search for DeployRoot. IT should be set early on or during the bootstrap.ini processing.

it is possible that your bootstrap.ini is redirecting your script elsewhere.

as for what else is on you machine, go to the machine and run the command:

net share

it should show all shares on the machine and where they are mapped to.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

• Marked as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:55 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Burntout Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Burntout Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:59 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:55 AM

All replies

• It may be possible you're connecting to the other share. Within your deployment workbench, right-click the share and go to properties. Validate the Network (UNC) path and local path are correct. Also check the "Rules" tab to make sure the CS.ini actually exists.

-Nick O.

Monday, February 23, 2015 4:43 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I checked the UNC path and it is correct. I double checked and went to the folder on the C drive and verified it. And the CS.ini is there. This is weird. I was thinking about un-installing MDT and re-installing it but I would want to be sure that all configs would be deleted.

Bob

Monday, February 23, 2015 5:00 PM
  • open the bdd.log file and search for DeployRoot. IT should be set early on or during the bootstrap.ini processing.

it is possible that your bootstrap.ini is redirecting your script elsewhere.

as for what else is on you machine, go to the machine and run the command:

net share

it should show all shares on the machine and where they are mapped to.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

• Marked as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:55 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Burntout Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Burntout Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:59 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:55 AM
  • Keith,

Thanks for the help. We found a couple of errors relating to shared folders. To be on the safe side we uninstalled MDT, saved the wim images we had, and re-installed it. The bdd log file had the correct deploy root so that was not the problem. I appreciate your time and thank you for the great video on log files. It helped us a lot.

/Bob

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:56 PM