none
Windows10upatesfail

Question

• I have a HP Pavilion dm4-1160us Entertainment Notebook (laptop) PC.  I converted to Windows 10 about a year ago.  The conversion process went into a loop at some point and I left it running overnight and in the morning Windows 10 was magically installed.  Interesting install to say the least.  Seem to work fine for some time.  I have now had a Windows Update start spontaneously while I am doing something else on the computer.  It goes along fine for roughly 10 minutes so.  You see 'percentage complete' messages, etc.  Then it goes into a loop with the 'looping circles' and never comes out of it.  Each time I let it  loop all night.  When I get up in the morning, I force the computer to turn off.  When I turn it on, it does the 'looping circles' for about a few minutes and then windows comes up.  I then get a message saying  it is restoring your previous version of Windows.  Each time I used 'troubleshoot computer problems' in the Control Panel.  It makes changes to system problems found.  I then use 'Explore additional options' that fixed the following problems:

1. Security settings are missing or has been changed

2. Service registration is missing or corrupt.

Obviously Window 10 updates has a problem with the laptop.  

What is your fix for the Windows 10 update problem for the HPdm4-1160us Entertainment Notebook?

How do I stop updates from starting spontaneously until you fix the problems?

Is it safe in terms of viruses and other security issues to use this laptop until you fix the update bugs on this laptop?

Monday, February 20, 2017 6:22 PM

All replies