none
need to "demistify" wim name in TS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to replace a WIM that is "attached" to the task sequence to a new one. Did it for years when newly updated image captured.

Usually, I replaced the wim in Operating System folder on DS by a new one and renamed it to an old name.

Always checked the name and path of WIM in TS under Install Operating System.

This time I am confused because the WIM file name in Operating system folder in DS is different of the name in TS.

It is new not in prod yet 8456. The deployment works fine even with this inconsistency. So I post the question for finding an explanation... see pics plz.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Friday, March 1, 2019 3:47 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2019 3:46 PM

Answers

• There nothing wrong in this. The name of the file and his representation in the console can be different. You should even be able to rename your WIM in the console to match the real WIM file name if this is something you care about.

If you want to see where all this secret sauce is put together, take a look at the OpertingSystems.xml file in the control folder of your deployment share. Also exploring other files will give you a larger picture of how MDT basically works.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, March 1, 2019 5:17 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2019 5:10 PM

All replies

• There nothing wrong in this. The name of the file and his representation in the console can be different. You should even be able to rename your WIM in the console to match the real WIM file name if this is something you care about.

If you want to see where all this secret sauce is put together, take a look at the OpertingSystems.xml file in the control folder of your deployment share. Also exploring other files will give you a larger picture of how MDT basically works.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, March 1, 2019 5:17 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2019 5:10 PM
  • Thanks.

I just could not realize at what point I messed up with naming. Usually I have it corresponding properly.

It would be better to rename WIM in folder, then go browse and select the WIM.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Friday, March 1, 2019 5:17 PM