media player problem RRS feed

• Question

• windows media player will not play videos that i receive in my email. i get a code with a bunch of numbers
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 10:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What the file type of the video?

If you are prompted to save the target file, Windows Media Player might not be configured to automatically play that particular file type (for example, .mp3 or .m3u).

You might be able to resolve the problem by changing your default program settings. For more information, see the question in this topic about making Windows Media Player the default player for a file type.

For more information, please refer to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-vista/Play-an-audio-or-video-file-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:43 AM

All replies

• windows media player will not play videos that i receive in my email. i get a code with a bunch of numbers

Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft murkiness!

You would be well advised to consider user friendly Apple

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:02 PM
  • you said.. windows media player will not play videos that i receive in my email.

Perhaps the file is zipped. Or perhaps it has corrupted during transmission. Perhaps it is Malware. Try scanning it using Defender or another A/V program.

You likely won't be able to play the Video directly from the email attachment? Try copying it into your Video Library first - or even onto your Desktop etc..

Regards, pkn

If my post was helpful - give it a Vote. If it helps solve your problem - propose it as Answer. ;-)
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

What the file type of the video?

If you are prompted to save the target file, Windows Media Player might not be configured to automatically play that particular file type (for example, .mp3 or .m3u).

You might be able to resolve the problem by changing your default program settings. For more information, see the question in this topic about making Windows Media Player the default player for a file type.

For more information, please refer to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-vista/Play-an-audio-or-video-file-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:43 AM