OWA issue in 2010, error message" a problem occurred while you were trying to use your mailbox".. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

couple of users are not able to login to OWA in exchange2010. they are getting  error message "a problem occurred while you were trying to use your mailbox".

particularly on one particular store in DAG.

therefore can anyone shed some light on it. many thanks in advance.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:59 AM

Answers

• Many thanks for the updates.. the issue got resolved.

bascially i was using admin account for checking the new mailboxes which were migrated from lotus notes to exchange via OWA, the account was not having full access, hence getting error.

later when i provided access to the account all set....

further if someone has to say anything please feel free so.

• Marked as answer by vinod k kumar Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:59 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:59 PM

All replies

• Has these users logged into Outlook at least once? Not sure if it was this exact error but recall some OWA issues if user hadn't logged in at least once via Outlook due to DB corruption. Also can you verify that the DAG partners are not in unhealthy replication state.

Does it work if you move the mailbox to another DB?

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:24 PM
  • See this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980049 .

What kind of mailboxes encounter this issue? The POP3 or IMAP4 account that is indicated in the above article, or en mailbox account that was migrated from an earlier version Exchange server?

There should be additional error message, try to extend the error message that is received by the problematic user, who is not able to logon, or check the event log of the CAS server.

Let me know if you have any findings.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by vinod k kumar Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:56 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by vinod k kumar Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:56 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:04 AM
  • Many thanks for the updates.. the issue got resolved.

bascially i was using admin account for checking the new mailboxes which were migrated from lotus notes to exchange via OWA, the account was not having full access, hence getting error.

later when i provided access to the account all set....

further if someone has to say anything please feel free so.

• Marked as answer by vinod k kumar Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:59 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:59 PM
  • Great! Thank for your update, it is my pleasure to work with a "responsive" customer :)

Have a nice day.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 1:44 AM
  • Same here Fiona :-)

Have a great weekend ahead.

Friday, May 20, 2011 10:48 AM