Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo,

When i try to connect whit my client app (Windows 7) to my server app (Windows 7) i have return this error: DCERPC 86 Fault: call_id: 2 Fragment: Single ctx_id: 0 status: nca_s_fault_access_denied . When app server is on Windows XP i don't have this problem. Can someone help me?

Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try the following steps and check the result.

1. Ensure you have the correct credential

This is a permission issue. If the net view command fails with a "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied." message, 1) make sure you are logged on using an account that has permission to view the shares on the remote computer. 

2) Need to cache credential: logon the same username and password on both computers or use net net use \\computername /user:username command.

3) Make sure the Netlogon service is running..

2. Open RPC ports on firewall

An API call involves connecting to a remote machine use RPC. In most cases the RPC service is running and you can confirm that from the service management interface. To open RPC ports, simply enable “File and Printer Sharing” in the Windows Firewall setting.

3. Disable "Force Guest" log on

You can change this option from either local security policy or registery.

Local security policy : run secpol.msc > Secuirty Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Network access : Sharing and security model for local accounts, and set to "Classic".

Registry : find "forceguest" item in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa, and set it to 0.

The two ways are equivalent. If this option is set to 1, remote logged in user will be impersonated as Guest account (and if Guest account is disabled, login fails). Set it to 0 enables user logging in as themselves.

Also refer to the following article.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2623670/access-denied-or-other-errors-when-you-access-or-work-with-files-and-f

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dimitar11 Wednesday, September 19, 2018 9:35 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2018 7:01 AM

All replies

• One can open the user account,set as Administrator,if set,disable Parental Software,if it refuses,close out,restart pc.Restart pc in safe-mode,normal,re-edit user account,then in run or cmd,type: services.msc,in msc,locate Parental/double click,set to Disable,exit msc,restart pc.
    Friday, September 14, 2018 3:39 AM
  • Hi,

Please try the following steps and check the result.

1. Ensure you have the correct credential

This is a permission issue. If the net view command fails with a "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied." message, 1) make sure you are logged on using an account that has permission to view the shares on the remote computer. 

2) Need to cache credential: logon the same username and password on both computers or use net net use \\computername /user:username command.

3) Make sure the Netlogon service is running..

2. Open RPC ports on firewall

An API call involves connecting to a remote machine use RPC. In most cases the RPC service is running and you can confirm that from the service management interface. To open RPC ports, simply enable “File and Printer Sharing” in the Windows Firewall setting.

3. Disable "Force Guest" log on

You can change this option from either local security policy or registery.

Local security policy : run secpol.msc > Secuirty Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Network access : Sharing and security model for local accounts, and set to "Classic".

Registry : find "forceguest" item in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa, and set it to 0.

The two ways are equivalent. If this option is set to 1, remote logged in user will be impersonated as Guest account (and if Guest account is disabled, login fails). Set it to 0 enables user logging in as themselves.

Also refer to the following article.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2623670/access-denied-or-other-errors-when-you-access-or-work-with-files-and-f

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Dimitar11 Wednesday, September 19, 2018 9:35 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2018 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:20 AM
  • Hi

Thanks alot for answers, but problem was in my program. Now i use a new version and everyting it's fine.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 9:26 AM