none
MDT 2012 - Manage Files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working with MDT 2012 and I have a quick question. Seems basic but cannot find any informaton on this.

At the end of the task sequence, I would like to delete all the shortcut in c:\users\public\desktop.

What is the best way to do this?

Thank you!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 3:52 PM

Answers

• The easiest way would be via a script. Add the script to the Scripts folder in the deployment share and, in your task sequence, add a run command line step to call the script from %SCRIPTROOT%. Additionally, you could add the script as an Application and then just add an 'Install Application' step for the new app (script.)

Come to think of it, you should be able to just add a Run Command Line step that is something like "del C:\Users\Public\Desktop\* /F /Q".

-Nick O.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:07 PM

All replies

• The easiest way would be via a script. Add the script to the Scripts folder in the deployment share and, in your task sequence, add a run command line step to call the script from %SCRIPTROOT%. Additionally, you could add the script as an Application and then just add an 'Install Application' step for the new app (script.)

Come to think of it, you should be able to just add a Run Command Line step that is something like "del C:\Users\Public\Desktop\* /F /Q".

-Nick O.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:07 PM
  • If this is a computer refresh, you can configure USMT not to migrate desktop shortcuts. If this is a baremetal deployment the shortcuts must come from somewhere, GPO, application setup etc.

Of course you can run a script that deletes them, or fix the GPO or App package.

/ Johan

Regards / Johan Arwidmark Twitter: @jarwidmark Blog: http://www.deploymentresearch.com FB: www.facebook.com/deploymentresearch

Thursday, September 5, 2013 5:26 AM
  • Nick,

You got everything right. Everything is working perfectly.

Thank you!

Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:53 PM