none
Office Pro Plus install via Intune fails (0x10)

Question

• I am trying to install Office Pro Plus the newer method via Intune.  I have a newly installed laptop from USB with 1703.  All Policies come down including all my other applications but the Office install whether I try 32 bit or 64 bit always gives me an error message of (0X10) with no other info.  Both Temp directories on local machine show nothing of it even trying to install.  This used to work up until recently and not sure why.
    Monday, October 16, 2017 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hello Joey,

1. Please make sure that there is no other versions of Microsoft Office are installed on the laptop before performing the enrollment. If so, you should remove the office, and then re-enroll the device.

2. Please make sure your laptop is not running Windows 10S, it's not supported for this installation method. 

3. Please make sure your are using Office 365 ProPlus 2016 suite, not the old version.

More details about Office 365 ProPlus deployment with Intune, please read the following article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/apps-add-office365

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Same on a fresh install of Windows 10 1709 and 

1. No Office installed

2. Windows 10 Enterprise 1709

3. Office Pro Plus 2016

Friday, November 10, 2017 7:39 AM
  • Hello Julien,

Is there any proxy, firewall, antivirus, which may block the online download and installation for Office Pro Plus?

If so, please bypass them, and then try again.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:27 AM
  • We are experiencing the same issue, no blocking of firewalls etc. Other software is installing without issues. Error (0x10) and sometimes error (0x193) is shown. Any help is appreciated.
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:22 PM