none
New Install - Unable Enumerate Contents... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, our first exposure to DPM, new install on W2K12R2 with DPM 2012 R2 UR6. We're trying to use it to only backup the databases of an Exchange 2013 DAG (IP-less config / cluster type). 

In 'Select group members' for new Protection Group, we expand the EX13 DAG but receive the following datasource enumeration details pop-up:

"DPM is unable to enumerate contents in \\?\Volume{c7965e73-d31c-11e4-80b5-806e6f6e6963}\ on the protected computer EX13DAGMember1.domain.xxx. Recycle Bin, System Volume Information folder, non-NTFS volumes, DFS links, CDs, Quorum Disk (for cluster) and other removable media cannot be protected. (ID: 38)"

When I continue on with the setup, I get to the end where the replica's are created for each database, but they all fail as 'Replica is inconsistent', and I'm wondering if it's related to the enumerate error above?

I've looked at many articles with no answer just yet (and our C:\WindowsImageBackup folder is valid too). I hoping someone more experienced might have some ideas? 

Thanks for any help!
    Monday, June 29, 2015 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What does this volume guid  \\?\Volume{c7965e73-d31c-11e4-80b5-806e6f6e6963}\ map to on the DAG node when you run mountvol.exe ?   What are the details of the failed DPM job(s) that leave the replica inconsistent ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by JasonJansen Monday, June 29, 2015 8:21 PM
    Monday, June 29, 2015 6:39 PM

All replies

• Also, I ran 'Diskpart > List Volume' and none were displayed as RAW (instead of NTFS - so I don't believe I have a corruption issue causing the inconsistent replicas either).

Lastly, I've recreated the Protection Group twice already (with server reboots between), but no success there either unfortunately.

Monday, June 29, 2015 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

What does this volume guid  \\?\Volume{c7965e73-d31c-11e4-80b5-806e6f6e6963}\ map to on the DAG node when you run mountvol.exe ?   What are the details of the failed DPM job(s) that leave the replica inconsistent ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by JasonJansen Monday, June 29, 2015 8:21 PM
    Monday, June 29, 2015 6:39 PM
  • Hi Mike, your questions helped me find the details I was unaware of, which gave me more error info. I searched with that and found out that I was missing the vcredist_64.exe (the install guide I used didn't include it for some reason). Install, re-did everything and I'm ok now.

Thanks for your help!

Monday, June 29, 2015 8:21 PM