none
Use of AutoLogon in Specialize Pass RRS feed

• Question

• I am preparing an unattend.xml for an installation of Windows 8.1.

My question stems from a requirement we have for a software installation which requires at least 1 login to the Limited Local Account (set forth by the manufacturer) before it can be executed. As far as I understand, this is required because the installation makes some changes to desktop icons in the Local Account, and therefore requires that it has been initialized through its first login.

I currently have my unattend.xml creating an Admin account, and a Local Account, and autologging in to my Admin account. Is there a way to initialize all of my accounts (as is done when you first login to an account), but before my autologin into the Admin account at the end of the installation?

I was exploring the AutoLogon parameter in the Specialize pass as opposed to the OOBE pass, and was wondering if that could be my solution. The issue there is that in the Specialize pass, the accounts haven't been defined yet. There doesn't seem to be any documentation on how AutoLogon works in the Specialize pass.

Any ideas on how i could do this?

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:00 PM

All replies