none
Unable to Scan with HP LaserJet 3050

Question

• Hi,

I have a home network, 1 windows essentials 2012 server and one Windows 10 client PC. I am trying to scan a document on the windows server and while printing works fine, scanning doesn't.

When I go to the control panel > devices and printer > double click on printer I can see an option in the dialog that says Scan a document or photo. Double clicking on this does nothing, nor does any of the other scan related option.

If I right click on the printer and select Properties > Hardware - I can see HP LaserJet 3050 Scanner listed and it says this device is working properly

Ultimately I would love to get this to work from my client PC but for now I just need to be able to scan.

Thanks for any and all advice

Steve

Thanks Steve

Monday, November 20, 2017 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you:
    1. File/document is stored on Windows Server – a share folder on network.
    2. Access the file/document from client PC to do scanning operation.
    3. If the scanning works locally on server?

Please try to use Windows Fax and Scan and Paint, and check the result. as article “HP LaserJet All-in-Ones - Use the software in Windows to scan” mentioned:
    https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03501661

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 1:52 AM