none
PWA 2010 Timesheet error RRS feed

• Question

• HI, I am getting the below error when I try to save timesheets:-

Datasets:
    TimesheetDataSet
    Table Actuals
    Row: TS_LINE_UID='feaac296-5a88-4d46-ab7d-8a264b97d6cf' TS_ACT_START_DATE='05/26/2015 00:00:00'
    Error GeneralReadOnlyColumn (20005) - column TS_ACT_FINISH_DATE

General
    Queue:
    GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - TimesheetUpdate.UpdateTimesheetMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='88bac140-8f04-46aa-a000-b2c539d47cfe' JobUID='3f89588d-f2a3-4837-aef2-2a0e679b6a40' ComputerName='37SP31' GroupType='TimesheetUpdate' MessageType='UpdateTimesheetMessage' MessageId='1' Stage=''. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine 37SP31 for entries with JobUID 3f89588d-f2a3-4837-aef2-2a0e679b6a40. ####

I have seen from the previous threads on this problem suggested resolution in relation to actual finish dates on tasks.  The timesheet is simply set up for admin time only and we are not doing anything with tasks so any ideas would be very helpful??

Steve

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:21 AM

Answers

• I totally agree with you. It is actually (I do think) a bug and what I'm providing to you is just a workaround, not the proper way to do. But first, try the workaround to see if it works because it might be due to another cause.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:55 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Even if you only use timesheet for administrative (non project) lines, it does impact the task. When entering time against an admin line, it will reduce the resource's capacity (if the line is set as non-working time) or increase work (working time). Thus assignments duration for this resource might increase and thus the finish dates move forward.

The error message might be that the new actual finish date updated from the admin task goes AFTER the planned finish date in the project plan. A solution would be to move forward the finish date in the project plan (or from the task page) and publish it. After that, come back to the timesheet and you should not have the error anymore.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:38 AM
  • Hi Guillaume, you say "does impact the task"  which task are you referring to?
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:28 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Let's say that a user is assigned on a 1 week task which is supposed to end on Friday May 1st. This same user wants to take a day of on May 1st, so goes to his timesheet to enter friday as a day off. In this case, his capacity for friday will be null, thus the assignment will be split for friday, continuing on the next working day: May 4th. Thus Project has to move the task finish date.

As far as I could read, this is what triggers the error message. The workaround would be to first move the task finish date to monday (from task page or directly in the project plan) and then submit again the timesheet.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:37 AM
  • thanks Guillaume I know what you mean know but it seems the wrong way round?  All the timesheet vacation row does is to add an exception to the resource calendar and then the resource calendar drives the rescheduling of the project.  If the user has to go into the plan and anticipate the holiday by extending the assignments and thus moving the finish dates then there is no benefit in using calendar exceptions whether entered manually or via a timesheet??

Steve

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:54 AM
  • I totally agree with you. It is actually (I do think) a bug and what I'm providing to you is just a workaround, not the proper way to do. But first, try the workaround to see if it works because it might be due to another cause.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:55 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:00 PM