Part-forcing Windows 10 Upgrades RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If I approve a Windows 10 Upgrade in WSUS, for example to 1709, the users get prompted about a Windows feature update and get the option to Snooze, Restart Now or Pick a time.  It appears they are able to indefinitely click Snooze (or at least, during testing, I've found it's possible to Snnoze beyond a couple of weeks) - is there a way to force this after a certain amount of time, or will it do itself eventually anyway?

Most of our clients are swtcthed off when not used, so there's no point looking at Active Hours etc.

I'm aware I can deadline the update in WSUS, but i'm staggering the upgrades and don't want to have to bother about keeping track of which systems need to be\have been deadlined etc.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, July 19, 2018 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hello alfie-t,

Glad to help.

Just like you said, there is no limit on the number of times clients can delay a upgrade.

Each time users hit the Snooze button, they would be able to push it out three more days, until 35 days have passed. After that, they would be able to press a new "Remind Me Tomorrow" button to push it out again, one day at a time.

So for your scenario, the best practice may be setting up computer groups for different work place, and setting up the approval and deadline for different group. And for the user experience, control the restart action by using group policy.

Hope above answer could help you.

Best Regards,

Ray Jia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 20, 2018 2:11 AM