Install FCS and SCE2k7 on the same computer RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all!
    Currently, I have a computer with FCS is installed on it. And now, I want to install System Center Essential 2007 on this computer. Is this possible? If ok, What is happen? Are there confliction problems?
    Thank you all in advance for any help!
    Best regards!
    Danh Cong
    Saturday, May 31, 2008 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I wouldn't really advise doing this... I take you mean the FCS Back-end is installed onto a computer (ie Mgmt/Collection Roles ?)

I have never tried it, but fairly sure this would result in an unsupported confiugration from Microsoft for both products, not to mention a potential performance issue, both of those products are fairly heavy on resources

Hope this helps

cheers
    Chris
    Saturday, May 31, 2008 4:19 PM
  • Hi Chris!
    So, how about install FCS and SCE2k7 on the same domain?
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

That is definitely Ok - i've done that !

FCS is based around MOM 2005, SCE is based around OpsMgr2007

Both of those products can happily co-exist, you can safely install FCS onto a host, which will install the MOM 2005 agent, and then also install the OpsMgr2007 agent on the same box with no issues

So as long as on a different server, you should see no issues. SCE effectively includes WSUS, so you just need to choose where you would like to distribute your FCS updates from and use WSUS - either an existing WSUS server, or the built in one for SCE

Chris

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 7:12 AM