Unable to Invoke Clickonce application RRS feed

• Question

• 1.I have an exe running in system startup to monitor junk data[.net exe].
    So, this exe is running all the time in system.

2. I have Windows Clickonce application deployed in my system.
        When I try to invoke the Clickonce application by clicking on the Desktop link,
        The application is not getting invoked untill I close the StartUp exe.

I am not sure Why I cannot open Clickonce  application through browser link.
    Can Anyone help?

• Moved by Chao Kuo Friday, December 25, 2009 6:27 AM not c# related (From:Visual C# General)
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

Problem: while Process-A.exe is runnig in my machine i could not invoke clickonce application.
    Solution. Changed the logic in Process-A.exe to execute in background thread. then its working fine.

Thanks
    Goutham J
    Friday, March 5, 2010 1:50 AM

All replies

• Two processes can only communicate via IPC or by accessing the same resource.  Without that they don't know each other exists.  I suspect that both apps are trying to either communicate or access the same resource at the same time and they are colliding in the middle. 

You can debug this one of several different ways.  The first way is to run the ClickOnce app in the debugger while Startup.exe is running and see where it is stalling at.  Chances are it is trying to grab a resource that the other app is using and it is failing.  Either way it'll either terminate, error out or deadlock.  Each of these cases can be identified.

The second way is to start up Startup and then ClickOnce and then use Task Manager to see if the process is running but just isn't displaying anything.  This is an indicator of a blocking call.  You can then use Task Manager to break in with the debugger to figure out what is going on.

Michael Taylor - 12/22/09
    http://p3net.mvps.org
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:12 PM
  • Hi all,

Problem: while Process-A.exe is runnig in my machine i could not invoke clickonce application.
    Solution. Changed the logic in Process-A.exe to execute in background thread. then its working fine.

Thanks
    Goutham J
    Friday, March 5, 2010 1:50 AM