none
Append multiple salesforce reports for one master list? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Is there a way to append multiple salesforce reports via formula before the data makes its way to the actual excel file?

For example, I have three salesforce reports which I want to append. I would like a formula that says something like Table.Combine (report 1, report 2, report 3). This way I can have one master list of projects.

Currently I have separate querys for each report, so the data is pulled into excel. Then I have a separate query that appends these three tables to create a master one. Would like to avoid having unnecessary data.

Thanks. 

Edit: I figured it out if anyone is interested. 

Here is what the code would look like under Advanced editor

"reportx" would be the salesforce id of the report page

let
        Source = Salesforce.Reports(),
        #"report1" = Source{[Name="report1"]}[Data],
        #"report2" = Source{[Name="report2"]}[Data],
        #"report3" = Source{[Name="report3"]}[Data],
        Append = Table.Combine({#"report1",#"report2",#"report3"})
    in
        Append

• Edited by greenguy13 Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:04 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 5:46 AM

Answers

• Hello greenguy13,

I am glad you figure it out. You should note that you could also keep separate queries that are combined by an additional query, without loading the extra data to your workbook.

All you need to do is to open the Workbook Queries pane, right click on each query(which is referenced by the last one), click the "Load To..." command and uncheck the two options (load to worksheet and load to Data Model). This operation is equivalent to creating connection only queries. The data can arrive to the Worksheet or Data Model only by the appending query.

Friday, February 27, 2015 1:30 PM