A tale of two folders RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to import some drivers into SCCM. I have two source folders:

\\server\source\drivers\dell

\\server\source\drivers\Toshiba

The two folders have the exact same permissions but when I try to import the Toshiba one, I get this:

"configuration manager cannot import the specified driver folder. Verify that the folder exists in the specified location and that both the SMS provider and the computer running the configuration manager console have read permissions to the specified shared folder."

Help

MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 6, MCITP x 3

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

If you like trance music, please subscribe to my podcast Trancendance Podcast

View my MCP Certifications

Follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:07 PM

Answers

• I've encountered this error as well. In my case, it turned out that the folder I was trying to import didn't actually have any .inf files in it. In this case, the error message is totally misleading.
    • Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, February 14, 2015 7:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, November 14, 2015 4:28 PM
    Friday, June 7, 2013 11:54 PM
  • Any chance that there are lots of subfolders in the Toshiba folder that exceed the max path length? What about drivercatalog.log?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:29 PM

All replies

• Any chance that there are lots of subfolders in the Toshiba folder that exceed the max path length? What about drivercatalog.log?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:29 PM
  • I've encountered this error as well. In my case, it turned out that the folder I was trying to import didn't actually have any .inf files in it. In this case, the error message is totally misleading.
    Friday, June 7, 2013 11:54 PM