none
Text disappearing in a table when applying color to cells RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

MAC Mini late 2009 with Office 365 Business license. I noticed that there are tables where the text is disappearing when I apply a color to a cell or entire table. Yet, the text is there, somewhere in that cell(s) but cannot be viewed and it is missing when I create a PDF

I am currently using MS Word for MAC 2011. This behavior is happening only on some MS Word files that are converted from PDF. I received lately one from a client. I have no control what application the client used to convert a PDF into a Word. The bottom line is that even if I create a new table in that document and I apply a color or the text run on second line, the previous line disappears. I checked the Paragraph Style. There is no huge leading. In fact text is set to single line. There is no space before or after.

I even cleared any formatting. I copied the table to a new document. When I apply color first line simply disappears.

Could it be something related to that specific document?

I cannot add images because my account is not verified, yet. Strange since I just received an email that validate my account.

Anyway, hopefully I will be able to add some screenshots this year.

Regards,

Sebastian

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:22 PM

Answers

All replies