Problem installing MS Office Profesional Plus 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• During the installation of MS Office Professional Plus 2010 on a Microsoft XP SP3 system i get the following error: "Setup cannot find ProPlus.WW\ProPsWW2.cab. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK." When I choose the ProPlus.ww file locations it says: "Invalid Locatio". The instalation then stops and is cancelled. I am installing from a DVD created by a download from Volume Licensing site.

What can i do to fix this problem?

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 7:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Jose,

Have you launched the installer from the autorun screen or did you just navigate the DVD and click setup?

I have seen this behaviour with Office 2010, it must first use the autorun screen to make necessary permissions with UAC before allowing the installer to continue un-hindered.

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
    Friday, September 9, 2011 12:52 PM

All replies

• Re-download the ISO and try again.  There are often issues when downloading large ISO files and they can become corrupted; has happened to me numerous times.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:39 PM
  • Hi Jose,

Have you launched the installer from the autorun screen or did you just navigate the DVD and click setup?

I have seen this behaviour with Office 2010, it must first use the autorun screen to make necessary permissions with UAC before allowing the installer to continue un-hindered.

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
    Friday, September 9, 2011 12:52 PM