Vista issue need help have pics to better explain my issue RRS feed

• Question

• My problems are circled in RED in the picture
    1) How do I get rid of the 666Satan file from the recommend program list for the "OPEN WITH" sub-menu? It's quite annoying their must be a fix but i cant find it
    2) How do I change the Icons for lets say for example the left RED circled file which is a .MP4 file?
    You guys are my last avenue of help before i swith over to linux or ubuntu
    Regards,
    Spilt_milk

btw my rig is a
    Dual Cpu 2 x AMD 2222SE on a Supermicro H8DA3-2
    Dual 8800 ultras maybe or if they offer a 8*** series version of 7950 GX2

Does microsoft even respond to these post i even bought the vista ultimate edition hoping that it will have a great tech support base
    Friday, July 20, 2007 8:54 PM

All replies

• 1. Start -> enter "regedit" in the Run box

2. Go to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\666Satan..... right mouse click Delete

Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:41 AM
  • Thanks for answering the second question BRO But what about the other question concerning changing the ICONS of .AVI, MP$ MKV etc? can it be done?

another question is how do I put a certain application well in this matter CDisplay in the reccommended list of the "Open with" sub-men?

heres a pic to better explain

Shot at 2007-07-21

Saturday, July 21, 2007 9:57 PM
  • On changing the icon....I know to to do it in XP via the File Types Advanced option, but in Vista, I haven't tried (haven't seen a way to do it..but I'll check...

As for defaulting or adding CDisplay to the list of Recommended programs click on the Browse button in that same window, navigate to where CDisplay.exe is located accept it and the next time you click open with, you will see CDisplay listed.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 10:35 PM