none
Got error 1603 when installing MAP toolkit 3.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Installation of Map toolkit 3.1 failing with error 1603.
    In eventlog of Windows, i have: Fail to execute SQL Script.

System: Windows server 2003 R2 SP2 on Virtual PC 2007 and Win XP Pro SP2 on hardware PC (both tested, same errors)
    Office 2003 SP2
    .Net Frmwrk 3.5 SP1
    Sql Server xPRESS 2008 AND 2005 (both tested, same errors)
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 11:41 AM

Answers

• Did you install the SQL instance yourself or did you let the MAP installer automatically install SQL Express for you?

If you installed the SQL instance yourself, did you make sure to set the collation order to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
    Hi, thank replying
    I let MAP installing SQL Xpress 2005 for me, i just tell it the path of my .exe install file of SQL. With SQL Xpress 2008, MAP say to me that it is not a valid filename for SQL Xpress 2008 install file(SQLEXPRWT_x86_FRA.exe), so i must install it myself before installing MAP.
    What did you want to tell with  "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" ? I just put "MAPS" as instance name.

After verifying the collation of all my databases in SQL Xpress 2005, all's OK: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
    • Marked as answer by Mada01 Monday, April 6, 2009 12:18 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:16 PM

All replies

• Did you install the SQL instance yourself or did you let the MAP installer automatically install SQL Express for you?

If you installed the SQL instance yourself, did you make sure to set the collation order to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:24 PM

Hi, thank replying
    I let MAP installing SQL Xpress 2005 for me, i just tell it the path of my .exe install file of SQL. With SQL Xpress 2008, MAP say to me that it is not a valid filename for SQL Xpress 2008 install file(SQLEXPRWT_x86_FRA.exe), so i must install it myself before installing MAP.
    What did you want to tell with  "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" ? I just put "MAPS" as instance name.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:57 AM

Hi, thank replying

After verifying the collation of all my databases in SQL Xpress 2005, all's OK: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
    • Marked as answer by Mada01 Monday, April 6, 2009 12:18 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:16 PM
  • Problem solved. cause data tpe mismatch in SQL.
    solution: MAP installed on XP SP2 US version + sql Xpress 2005 En version + Office 2003 SP2.
    Failed configuration: Xp SP2 French version + Sql Xpress 2005 French version.
    Big thanks to Jay Sauls for his helpful assistance.
    Monday, April 6, 2009 12:21 PM