none
At what point should the storage pool be connected to a replacement DPM server? RRS feed

• Question

• I have backed up the DPMDB and  SQL DB from our "old" DPM server, removed it from the domain, and installed the same version, DPM 2007, SP1, on a new server with the same FQDN.  At what point do I connect the storage pool to the new server?  Before restoring the db, or after restoring the db but before doing a dpmsync?  Nowhere in the sea of documentation on migrating and upgrading have I found that little detail mentioned.  Please help!

Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You should connect the disks to the new server after restoring the DPM DB, then import the dynamic foreign disk before running DPMSync -sync.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 21, 2011 12:14 AM
  • Mike, I'm doing another DPM rebuild and upgrade, and I connected the storage pool too soon.  Can I save the situation, or do I need to detach the disks, uninstall DPM, delete the db, reinstall, restore the db from the previous backup, and then attach the disks and sync?  Thank you! 
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:22 PM