Where is the Bell icon ? RRS feed

• Question

• I know it is not the right place for my question, but then, I can't find a proper section to post this.

Only a day ago, I posted a reply to a question, after I submitted it, i went back to the same section and noticed that the " bell " icon which indicated the threads I had participated was not there.

Is that a glitch, or it is removed for good ?

Thank you.

Edit ....
    Here is another one which I just replied in Security section. No bell icon either on the Security main page.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistasecurity/thread/a4f5c8f4-092a-4de8-a8ee-d8307b874e16

If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 3:41 PM

Answers

• Seems it is actually working but the UI encounter some issues. It happens to my threads too.

It could be a glitch due to cache corruption. I will report this through our channel and wait for their response.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:40 AM

All replies

• The Bell is still there. Try clearing your browser history and reload the pages.

My MVP is for the Windows Desktop Experience, i.e. Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 IT

Remote Assistance is available for a fee.

I am best with C++ and I am learning C# using Visual Studio 2010

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

There is a " bell " icon on this thread that I started .

But not on this thread that I replied.........( I had deleted all browsing history etc. )

Sunday, June 12, 2011 1:28 AM
  • Hi,

Can you receive this email?

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

Can you receive this email?

Regards,

Yes. Your e-mail arrived.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:46 PM
  • Seems it is actually working but the UI encounter some issues. It happens to my threads too.

It could be a glitch due to cache corruption. I will report this through our channel and wait for their response.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:40 AM

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Thank you.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:48 AM

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

9 days has since passed.
    Still no bell on my replies.

Very inconvenient !!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:17 PM