speech to text for outlook RRS feed

• Question

• hi ,

Hi I am using Outlook 2013 I am looking for a speech to text addin. I can use Microsoft speech to text but it is not working very efficiently. I have tried couple of sites(like https://speechnotes.co/) in the internet they will work very efficiently compared with Microsoft speech to text. 
    microsoft Cortana Is identify the speech and converting into the text properly . Can I use Cortana for dictating text in Outlook ? . 
    or do you suggest any other addin in which will convert speech to text efficiently and freely available in the Microsoft store.

thanks

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Nikhil0041,

Currently, speech recognition within Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint is now only available to Office 365 subscription, which includesthe Dictation feature:

Dictate with your voice in Office

Considering that you are using Outlook 2013, you can use the windows feature to convert spoken words into text anywhere on your PC with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. See Use dictation to talk instead of type on your PC

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Nikhil0041 Wednesday, July 4, 2018 5:31 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 2:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Nikhil0041,

Currently, speech recognition within Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint is now only available to Office 365 subscription, which includesthe Dictation feature:

Dictate with your voice in Office

Considering that you are using Outlook 2013, you can use the windows feature to convert spoken words into text anywhere on your PC with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. See Use dictation to talk instead of type on your PC

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Nikhil0041 Wednesday, July 4, 2018 5:31 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 2:58 AM
  • Thanks , am able to use 2nd option.

but it will be good , if MS can provide  Dictate as an App.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Dear Yuki Sun,

can you guide me how i can setup dictate . I didn't find it in Office 365 Outlook and in Windows app store.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 4:57 AM
  • Hi Nikhil,

For Office 365 subscribers, Dictation is a built-in feature rather than an specific add-in.

Do you mean you have become an Office 365 subscriber and would like to use the Dictation feature mentioned in the first link I shared above? If this is the case, you can type "Dication" in the Tell me what to do box:

Or you can find it on the ribbon when composing a new message:

Hope this can be helpful.

By the way, considering that it has been a few days since you posted the thread and this question is a little different with the original post. If you need further assistance on this problem, personally I'd like to encourage start a new thread in our forum in order to avoid confusion. Thanks for your understanding and support :)

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:31 AM