none
Remove adult from microsoft family, if you are the child RRS feed

• Question

• So, I got an Xbox, and I created a Microsoft account for it. This was quite some years ago. Since I was a minor, the adult that was with me put me as their child in Microsoft family. I am a few months from becoming a legal adult.

Due to some circumstances, we are no longer in contact, and I am restricted from apps that I always use on my laptop. I do not, nor am I able to, communicate with this person, and it is driving me nuts, if I can use this phrase.

Is there any way for me to get rid of the adult from my account, without needing to create an entirely new one? I am asking this, because of the fact that I have a lot of things connected to my Microsoft account, and I do not want to spend more time trying to move and lose everything, simply because the adult and I no longer are in contact.

Please respond ASAP and thank you.

Saturday, September 2, 2017 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are using a child account and don't know any password information about adult account, I am afraid there is not an official way to elevate your account privilege. If your computer is no longer controlled by others, you need to reinstall or reset the operating system to get an administrator privilege.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:09 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 2:03 AM
  • Hi, 

I have not heard from you for several days, was the issue resolved?

Please contact with me if you have any concern.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 1:59 AM