Control Panel View always large icons .. driving me mad !!! RRS feed

• Question

• ok I have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to resolve this and would really really appreciate some some help. I have tried changing the registry, local policy and group policies, no matter what I cannot set the control panel to small icon view.

Could there be a setting somewhere which is overriding ForceClassicControlPanel setting ? I understand this needs to bet to 1 in order to change the control panel view to small icons. If I change this to 0 then it changes to category view, however when I set this to 1 it always sets it to large icon view. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

The key I am setting is HKEY\CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\ForceClassicControlPanel - REG_DWORD 1

Friday, December 17, 2010 1:27 PM

Answers

• I finally found the reg key

its HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\AllItemsIconView.

Set this to 0 for large icons, 1 to small icons.

Friday, December 17, 2010 2:05 PM

All replies

• I finally found the reg key

its HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\AllItemsIconView.

Set this to 0 for large icons, 1 to small icons.

Friday, December 17, 2010 2:05 PM
  • Glad to hear the issue is solved and thanks for the sharing.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, January 7, 2011 3:25 AM