none
linking scorecard with grid. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating a Dashboard in PPS.
    I have a scorecard designed where I am displaying all the zone and their sales.
    Its working fine.

Now, I need to have a report Analytical Grid where I want to show all the stores associated to that zone and their sales along with other measures.

I have created that report and in dashboard I have linked it to the scorecard. It is working.

When the dashboard loads its displaying all the zone stores and their sales. Now when I click on any zone, the grid should only display the stores of that zone. But I am getting all the stores listed. and only those stores that are pertaining to that zone are having data. rest stores (of other zones) are blank.

I want only those stores that are related to that selected zone.

I tried changing the MDX in the report. but in that case the report does not filter by zone.

Is there any way to do it?

Output:

Scorecard:

Zone1  100 GREEN
    Zone2  190 GREEN
    Zone3  150 GREEN
    Zone4  110 GREEN
    Zone5  122 GREEN

Analytical Grid: (When Zone1 is selected)

Store12      80
    Store23      50
    Store13      40
    Store76      30
    Store10      80

I don't want to use the filters. is there any other way?

Anirban Biswas (v-anbis@microsoft.com)
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:18 AM

Answers

• Thanks,

"I suspect you are creating one analytic grid with all the stores and the passing value for selected zone. " Yes this is what I am doing. and in the display I want only those stores that fall under that selected Zone to be displayed with other measures.

Actually I need this for country wise. insted of zone lets consider country.

In linking the Dashboard with Grid I am using MemberUniqueName. as described in the link:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/performancepoint/HA102694441033.aspx#2

But every time I am getting all the stores.

Am I missing some thing?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:48 AM

All replies

• How are you linking your scorecard to Analytic grid?
    I suspect you are creating one analytic grid with all the stores and the passing value for selected zone.

Here's an alternative, provided number of zones are not too high.
    Create one analytic grid for all the stores. So scorecard and this grid will be default view. Check this link on how to make this grid as default.
    Enabling a Default Display Condition View
    Create separate analytic grid reports for each zone. Stack all the grid reports in one zone and then attach the display condition.

Hope this will be useful.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:19 AM
  • Thanks,

"I suspect you are creating one analytic grid with all the stores and the passing value for selected zone. " Yes this is what I am doing. and in the display I want only those stores that fall under that selected Zone to be displayed with other measures.

Actually I need this for country wise. insted of zone lets consider country.

In linking the Dashboard with Grid I am using MemberUniqueName. as described in the link:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/performancepoint/HA102694441033.aspx#2

But every time I am getting all the stores.

Am I missing some thing?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:48 AM
  • Anirban,

I think you need to take a closer look at the MDX in your analytic report. The functionality you describe is definitely achievable with PPS.

Likely causes of your problem:

1. Report MDX
    2. Applying filter links to the wrong endpoint

BTW, when you say "click on a zone" do you mean click on the member name i.e. "Zone 1" within the scorecard?

Cheers,
    Nick
    http://nickbarclay.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:30 PM