Sequencing iTunes RRS feed

• Question

• Has any one out there sequenced iTunes in App V. I have tried and I can not get AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi to install. It gets about half into the istall and than rolls it self back. Has tried this and had this issue?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• iTunes sequences OK with the App-V 4.6 SP1 sequencer; however once run on the client it prompts to repair itself on startup. Combined with this and the need to separate the iOS device drivers out, I don't think the iTunes is a great candidate for virtualization.
    This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:33 PM
  • I'm actually about to look into this application in more detail myself so will give you a break down once I've had a better luck. I'm hoping that the drivers are contained in a different MSI then the main application but maybe not.
    Monday, March 21, 2011 11:46 AM
  • The only problem I had with a sequenced iTunes was to get the connection to mobile devices to work. 
    Got an error saying the service was not installed correctly.  

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:16 AM
  • Sorry for the delay. I looked at this and it looks like both iTunes itself and Apple Mobile Device Support contain the drivers. So I'd say you need to split out the drivers from these applications. Also iTunes Helper appears to be a boot time service so just configure it so it's not.

Can't see any other real issues. It looks like there's DCOM in there too but may or may not be an issue.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:27 AM
  • Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:15 AM