USB Device Not Detected by Windows XP Media Edition RRS feed

• Question

• I hope someone can help.  I don't mean to bother with a question that may have been answered somewhere else.  I have a couple questions really, both for Window XP gurus.  First, I have a USB device that isn't recognized by ether it's software application nor by Windows XP.  The New Hardware Wizard identifies the hardware, but  the drivers for the device and like I've already mentioned windows doesn't recognize that there is a cam installed..  I get error message(39).  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, application, and repeatedly the device itself to no avail.  I don't see how this is becoming such a large project to get this device installed correctly.  

Secondly, I have a VGA compatible display adapter.  It's an ATI technology, RADEON MOBILITY 9200 PCI video card.  I can't get the CPU to apply the drivers that I've downloaded to the hard drive.  What else do I need to do to apply the drivers to  the hardware?  I've run the wizard..  error  28 device driver not installed.   I choose from a specific location but the hardware that is 'actually installed' on the computer doesn't appear on the list of devices, Windows has provided.  I've downloaded the video display adapter driver package which includes the catalyst, etc..  that doesn't complete the operation because of a problem finding the driver for the hardware.  The problem may just be specific to my system however, if you have dealt with issues like this before please point me in the right direction as I attempt to get this system fully functional, so to speak.  Thanks.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:55 PM