Adobe Production Premium CS4 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install Adobe Production Premium on a Windows 7 RC machine,  The machine meets all hardware requirements, and some of the applications in the suite appear to work fine, but several, including Premiere Pro (which is the one I need the most) crash during the opening phase.  Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, do you know how to fix it?
    Monday, August 24, 2009 2:22 PM

Answers

• Well I was able to download and install the trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro on 64-bit Win7 RC. It opens fine for me. Maybe something was wrong with your download (or media) or installation? I recommend downloading the trial version (again if necessary) to rule out corrupt media, install on a different machine as a test.
    Monday, August 24, 2009 7:33 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I tried searching for the Adobe Production Premium trial version but it's $15.99 for the trial DVDs, not a free download.
    Hence I searched for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 free vesrion (1.21 GB). I installed the same succesfully. For installing the same you may visit: http://www.soft82.com/download/windows/adobe-premiere

The correct procedure for its installation is:
    1. Go to the http://www.soft82.com/download/windows/adobe-premiere
    2. Click on free Download icon.
    3. Click on Mirror1.
    4. Select a appropriate path for downloading the same.
    5. two files named "ADBEPPROCS4_LS7.exe" of 1.21 GB and "ADBEPPROCS4_LS7.exe" of 1.71 MB gets downloaded.
    6. Select "ADBEPPROCS4_LS7.exe" and click on Launch.
    7. The files starts getting extracted.
    8. There after follow the procedure as per windows confirmation.

The Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 free vesrion gets installed succesfully

I am using Intel processor with 32 bit Windows 7 RC machine.

Hope this helps. However, if you face any difficulty than please let me know.

Thanks
    Abhay-MSFT

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

• Edited by Abhay-MSFT Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:12 PM Added Disclaimer
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Monday, August 31, 2009 2:32 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:09 PM

All replies

• some questions:

1. Does this happen on more than one machine?
    2. Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Win7?
    3. Can you post any errors you see in pop-ups, or in the event log that relate to these crashes?

I was going to download a trial version of Adobe Production Premium to try to reproduce the problem but it looks like it's $15.99 for the trial DVDs, not a free download. Looks like I can download Premiere Pro CS4 so I'm trying that.

Monday, August 24, 2009 6:16 PM
  • Well I was able to download and install the trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro on 64-bit Win7 RC. It opens fine for me. Maybe something was wrong with your download (or media) or installation? I recommend downloading the trial version (again if necessary) to rule out corrupt media, install on a different machine as a test.
    Monday, August 24, 2009 7:33 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I tried searching for the Adobe Production Premium trial version but it's $15.99 for the trial DVDs, not a free download.
    Hence I searched for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 free vesrion (1.21 GB). I installed the same succesfully. For installing the same you may visit: http://www.soft82.com/download/windows/adobe-premiere

The correct procedure for its installation is:
    1. Go to the http://www.soft82.com/download/windows/adobe-premiere
    2. Click on free Download icon.
    3. Click on Mirror1.
    4. Select a appropriate path for downloading the same.
    5. two files named "ADBEPPROCS4_LS7.exe" of 1.21 GB and "ADBEPPROCS4_LS7.exe" of 1.71 MB gets downloaded.
    6. Select "ADBEPPROCS4_LS7.exe" and click on Launch.
    7. The files starts getting extracted.
    8. There after follow the procedure as per windows confirmation.

The Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 free vesrion gets installed succesfully

I am using Intel processor with 32 bit Windows 7 RC machine.

Hope this helps. However, if you face any difficulty than please let me know.

Thanks
    Abhay-MSFT

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

• Edited by Abhay-MSFT Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:12 PM Added Disclaimer
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Monday, August 31, 2009 2:32 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:09 PM