after a scheduled reboot of a DHCP server 2003 SP2 the DHCP server service won't start.
I tried to repair the database using a backup from another DC with no luck.
Events logs are showing these errors :
1004 / 1008 / 1014 / 1018
I turned off the fast indexing of the DHCP folder as recommended, tried to run the cmd JETPACK DHCP.MDB TMP.MDB and I got the error JETPACK failed with error = -544.
After copying the database from another DC and tried to restart the service I got this error message :
DHCP server service on Local computer started and then stopped.
Not sure what I can try now
According to the error code, it seems to be a database issue.
Please make sure
DHCP folder was not being scanned by the Anti Virus software.
I knew you have tried to restore the database, but I would recommend you follow the guide and try again.
1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
2. Type net stop dhcpserver, and then press ENTER.
3. Type md c:\olddhcp, and then press ENTER.
4. Type move %SystemRoot%\system32\DHCP\*.* c:\olddhcp, and then press ENTER.
5. Type del %SystemRoot%\system32\DHCP\Dhcp.md, and then press ENTER.
6. Type copy%SystemRoot%\system32\dhcp\backup\jet\new\dhcp.mdb%SystemRoot%\system32\dhcp\dhcp.mdb, and then press ENTER.
7. Type net start dhcpserver, and then press ENTER.
The last thing we can do is to reinstall it.
Here is a similar issue, please also note the last post:
DHCP server service will not start
Hope this helps.
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.
Would you like to participate?