ATI RADEON X300 SE MEMORY PROBLEM (MVP response would be great!) RRS feed

• Question

• I have an ATI Radeon video card (model X300 SE PCI-E) that has 256 V-RAM memory (64 MB on board and the rest is shared video memory). Because only 64 MB of real RAM memory are located in the card and the rest is virtual memory, Windows Vista, XP, and all video games  recognizes the graphics card like only “64 MB capable”. I would like to know if there´s any way to change this and that games, OS and other programs “see” the 256 MB of V-RAM.

I don´t know if this has an impact over performance do.

Thanks for your answer!!!! Rodrigo.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:23 PM

Answers

• This is more then likey due to the drivers for the card, I do not know if ati have released drivers for the vista system. You might have to wait till the drivers for vista are released.
    Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:25 PM

All replies

• This is more then likey due to the drivers for the card, I do not know if ati have released drivers for the vista system. You might have to wait till the drivers for vista are released.
    Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:25 PM
  • I am using a ATI RADEON X200 Chipset, which I believe is based on X300. I got a driver from HP, looks like it works fine with the Areo thing. But the WEI just give it a 2.1 score.

I am wondering if this is good enough or should I do some upgrade?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 6, 2007 6:21 PM
  • zwzhang can u give me the link of driver i also hav ATI RADEON X200 onboard with 256 mb memory sharing from ram.

Thanx
    Wednesday, February 7, 2007 6:46 AM