locked
cannot start the mediation server after installing the update april 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have  in a test environment ocs 2007 R2 standard edition and mediation server. Outgoing calls to PSTN Users have worked properly. After I installed an update April 2010 for the mediation server it does not start (using OCS snap-in)and I get the following message from the event viewer: 

    <Event Xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      
    <Provider Name="OCS Snap-in" />
      
    <EventID Qualifiers="50156"> 30 712 </ EventID>
      
    <Level> 2 </ Level>
      
    <Task> 1004 </ Task>
      
    <Keywords> 0x80000000000000 </ Keywords>
      
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-07-14T13:19:59.000Z" />
      
    <EventRecordID> 121 </ EventRecordID>
      
    <Channel> Office Communications Server </ Channel>
      
    <Computer> Medsrv.ad.ocs.vflab.de </ Computer>
      
    <Security />
      
    </ System>
    - <EventData>
      
    <Data> RTCMEDSRV </ Data>
      
    </ EventData>
      
    </ Event>

    Besides, if I try to start the service RTCMEDSRV  via the administrative tools I get this message:

    The MEDSRV service on local computer started and then stopped.some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other sevices or programs.

    The service RTCMEDSRV is logged in Domain\RTCComponentService and I am logged in as administrator.

    I am grateful for any help.

    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:20 PM

All replies

  • Make sure you've installed the UC Managed API Core Redist update as well.  I'm fairly sure the mediation server update and the UC Managed API Core Redist update are both required.  I was doing some testing by removing individual April 2010 updates, and came across the same issue as you after I removed the UC Managed API Core Redist but left the mediation server update.
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:49 PM
  • Hi KenLasko,

    thanks for your answer. I have recently fixed the problem. I have uninstalled the update as a temporary solution. Now I can start  RTCMEDSRV  and PSTN users are reached again. I will try your suggestion soon to see whether it works.


    Thank you very much for your help!

    Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:26 PM