can i have a single subscription for all types of alerts? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a SCOM 2007 R2 environment. I used to set up subscriptions separately like, 1 for AD, 1 for Heartbeat, 1 for Exchange..... I just want to know if this is OK or can i combine all these in to a single subscription? will there be any impact if i combine all the subscriptions in to a single one?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Siva

Monday, July 2, 2012 1:53 PM

Answers

• First of all, the subscription design is based on the message format and email receipt. So, if you all subscriptions have same subscriber and email message format, consolidate into single subscription is feasible.

Usually, Ad, heartbeat and Exchange related alert will notify server team so we would consolidate them into single subscription.

SQL relate alert will notify DB team and second subscription is needed.

Roger

• Marked as answer by Siva Darsi Monday, July 2, 2012 4:41 PM
    Monday, July 2, 2012 3:23 PM

All replies

• First of all, the subscription design is based on the message format and email receipt. So, if you all subscriptions have same subscriber and email message format, consolidate into single subscription is feasible.

Usually, Ad, heartbeat and Exchange related alert will notify server team so we would consolidate them into single subscription.

SQL relate alert will notify DB team and second subscription is needed.

Roger

• Marked as answer by Siva Darsi Monday, July 2, 2012 4:41 PM
    Monday, July 2, 2012 3:23 PM
  • Hi Roger,

Thanks for your reply.

As you said i have SQL related alerts going to DBA team, and another 2 subscriptions who pages DBA and Server teams.

So, you mean to say if the subscriber is same for all the subscriptions, then i can go ahead and combine them in to a single one right?

Thanks,

Siva

Monday, July 2, 2012 3:40 PM