On premises ADRMS and exch online services RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I do have on premises ADRMS cluster (win 2008R2) and office 365 services. ( exch online, no hybrid

Users are unable to open protected e-mails when sent to dynamic DL's (365) groups
    (same users are able to open protected e-mails when sent to them directly or via normal Dl's (AD based local dl's)

I can see TPD file needs to be imported to 365, is this the correct solution I should go with:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn151477(v=exchg.150).aspx

Thanks in Advance

• Edited by Beadmin Monday, December 1, 2014 9:18 AM correction
    Friday, September 19, 2014 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Beadmin,

Hmm... Try importing TPD from the URL you mentioned and please give your feedback.

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Saturday, September 20, 2014 11:00 AM
  • I tried above steps successfully but was not help,

MS tech said on premises to cloud migration is not possible at the moment and I need to decommission on premises ADRMS completely and deploy 365 based RMS.

What is still unclear for me is then what is the purpose of the above article.

Monday, December 1, 2014 9:22 AM
  • And MS tech is right :) if it comes to ADRMS to Azure RMS MIGRATION  it is not supported (at the moment). However you may ask MS tech about ADRMS and Exchange Online integration - it should be supported and that's the purpose of technet document you mentioned in your first post.

So you have tried this article and it doesn't work - in what way you try to test? Have you tried Test-IRMConfiguration?

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Monday, December 1, 2014 12:43 PM
  • All the tests mentioned in the article is working fine.

But my issue is:

Users are unable to open protected e-mails when sent to dynamic DL's (365) groups

(same users are able to open protected e-mails when sent to them directly or via normal Dl's (AD based local dl's)

is that by design? or do I have any issue.

• Edited by Beadmin Tuesday, December 2, 2014 10:35 AM info add
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:58 AM