Removed Trust Grayed out RRS feed

• Question

• I need the to remove trust to dev domain (dev.worx.local) but the remove button for incoming/outgoing trust is grayed out. The main domain is worx.local.

on AD domains and trusts, the hierarchy looks:

worx.local

-> dev.worx.local

The DC dev.worx.local is still alive. We just need to shut it down (until its needed). If its needed we're going to add the trust back.

Monday, April 19, 2010 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi

I can understand from your second post that you posted in directory service forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/thread/c904ccdf-4d4e-4eb2-a36d-47ec7f97cdb1

That you need to remove trust between child domain and parent domain and make this child domain  offline for some time but I am sorry to tell you that you can’t do that and please don’t try to shutdown the child DC for a long time to avoid a lot of replication issues if don’t need the child domain any more you can demote it and you can refer to my answer in the above post to do that

• Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Monday, April 26, 2010 5:49 AM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 9:28 PM

All replies

• Make sure you are logged on with Domain Admin/Enerprise Admin account and that you are runing AD Domains and Trusts in the elevated mode (assuming that you are using the OS with UAC in place)

hth
    Marcin

• Proposed as answer by Sameh Khairy Monday, April 19, 2010 9:29 PM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 4:02 PM
  • thanks for the reply.

Yes I'm logged on with Domain Admin.

Monday, April 19, 2010 5:06 PM
  • Are you running the AD domains and trusts in elevated mode?

hth
    Marcin

Monday, April 19, 2010 5:14 PM
  • thanks marcin. I will abandon this as this is only part of the issue.
    Monday, April 19, 2010 8:49 PM
  • Hi

I can understand from your second post that you posted in directory service forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/thread/c904ccdf-4d4e-4eb2-a36d-47ec7f97cdb1

That you need to remove trust between child domain and parent domain and make this child domain  offline for some time but I am sorry to tell you that you can’t do that and please don’t try to shutdown the child DC for a long time to avoid a lot of replication issues if don’t need the child domain any more you can demote it and you can refer to my answer in the above post to do that

• Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Monday, April 26, 2010 5:49 AM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 9:28 PM