Need to know how many users has accessed the hyperlinks on the organisation messages sent to all the users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All , 

In our organisation we are going to pass an E-mail information along with the link to all the users . Can someone please tell me is there is way in exchange to find out how many users has accessed the link on the received message for how many times ? 

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Nithyanandham,

Based on my knowledge, from the Exchange server side, we could use the mailbox audit log to audit the user actions (for example, accessing, moving, or deleting a message)  and logon types (Owner, Delegate and Admin).

However, we could not audit the "how many users has accessed the link on the received message for how many times". It is not an Exchange feature.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Manu Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Friday, October 27, 2017 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Nithyanandham,

Based on my knowledge, from the Exchange server side, we could use the mailbox audit log to audit the user actions (for example, accessing, moving, or deleting a message)  and logon types (Owner, Delegate and Admin).

However, we could not audit the "how many users has accessed the link on the received message for how many times". It is not an Exchange feature.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Manu Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Friday, October 27, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Hello Manu Meng , 

Thanks for your reply .

But this option is must for the customers whoever is using the exchange on premises in their environment .The reason i am saying is because now days top management persons in the organisations are sharing the common information's via E-mails to all the employees along with hyperlink which contains more details about it  .

After sending that message they would like to know how many of their employees has read the message and accessed the hyperlinks ? We can be able to take the read count in the several ways .But i did not find any option to track the number of persons who has accessed the Hyperlink .

Note : Also i agree , If someone opened the mail and accessed the link which doesn't mean that they have gone through entire content :) and we can leave about that point of view . But as per my knowledge it is one of the mandatory feature in exchange .

Is there any way in my end to recommend Microsoft that this is one the mandatory feature in exchange .If there is any special forums or blogs where i can share my recommendation to MS  ?

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Friday, October 27, 2017 6:59 AM