none
Waiting to be Processed (Sleeping) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Support group,

On our Project server 2007, I just noticed that we are getting some messages on the Manage Queue page, however it SEEMS like that the server is doing its job.

I rebooted the SQL server (SQL server 2008 is on different server) and I also rebooted the Project server, but still getting these errors. Here are what we are getting:

job Type: Reporting (Project Publish)

Job status: Waiting to be Processed (Sleeping)

The other error is:

Job title: Reporting (Project Publish)

Job Status: Failed But Not Blocking Correlation

For the second one under error I have: Error summary/areas:

Reporting message processor failed

ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed

Queue

GeneralQueueJobFailed

Error details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<errinfo>

<general>

<class name="Reporting message processor failed">

<error id="24006" name="ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed" uid="f275beec-1ade-47fb-81cd-f6683d67358f" QueueMessageBody="Project

<class name="Queue">

<error id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed" uid="fa534865-9a90-4991-a3f7-87d87e8a740d" JobUID="daa31b11-7472-4d36-8bb5-b216f70c1e54" ComputerName="*********" GroupType="ReportingProjectPublish" MessageType="ReportProjectPublishMessageEx" MessageId="1" Stage="" />

</class>

</general>

</errinfo>

As I mentioned the server can do the save& publish, but we getting these messages. I am not sure if the server is doing its job compilitly or not. If yes, why we are keep getting these messages on Manage Queue Jobs.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Bahram

Editing the message:

Just as an FYI: I just published a new project, it shows in Project Details,but still shows Reporting (Project Publish) and Waiting to be Processed (Sleeping), but I can see it in my task area and project center. It is sam ething for old project that we make change and even new project that we save and publish.

Please help.Thanks

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

MSProjectExperts (thanks!) saved me again some typing effort. Have a look at http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=f884b43f%2D61db%2D4c4e%2D94a3%2D38f21a8efdad&ID=78, you will find a description of your issue and a link how to resolve. It doesn't make a difference that you don't see "The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint…", there can be several reasons for that.

Note the last line in the FAQ "Allow time for the reporting rebuild job to run. You can track the state of this job on the Manage Queue page." It will take some time!!!

Good luck!
    Barbara

Friday, July 23, 2010 7:48 AM
  • Hi there!

I'm facing the same "Foreign Key Constraint in Reporting Database" problem (error 24006) when publishing in Project Server 2010. I've already tried the to rebuild the Project Server reporting database, but got no success.

I'm using Project Server 2010 with SQL Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2. My project professional is a 64-bit editiin running on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

How can I solve this???

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:25 PM