none
Sync groups from AD to FIM RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to sync groups (DL and Security) along with their membership from on AD to another AD. I'm referencing the sample https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686936(v=ws.10).aspx and I'm not able to find the "Scope" and "Type" attributes to map.

They are also not included in the "Show All" for the Select Attributes page.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thank you.

David

David Downing

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:37 PM

Answers

• I found the reason it's read only, while I was typing in the case statement from the sample, I reversed the "import_type" and "import_scope" values.

Thank you for your reply.

David Downing

• Marked as answer by Dave Downing Monday, January 23, 2017 5:23 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:03 PM

All replies

• David-

That example is geared towards mastering groups in the FIM Service, not another AD DS instance. The scope and type attributes are specific to FIM/MIM. You'll need an advanced flow rule to calculate both of them off the groupType attribute in AD, or, if you're just flowing from AD to AD you can flow the groupType attribute directly through.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:19 PM
  • Hello Brian,

Are you referring to a rule extension in the "Configure Attribute Row"?  I've tried the following example http://www.wapshere.com/missmiis/importing-groups-from-ad-to-the-fim-portal-using-classic-flow-rules, however when I try writing to the "import_type" flow rule mventry["type"].Value = "Distribution", I get an exception stating that the attribute is Read Only.  Writing to the "import_scope" flow rule mventry["scope"].Value appears to work however.

Thank you,

David

David Downing

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:52 PM
  • I found the reason it's read only, while I was typing in the case statement from the sample, I reversed the "import_type" and "import_scope" values.

David Downing

• Marked as answer by Dave Downing Monday, January 23, 2017 5:23 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:03 PM