Getting better results with Find Album Info. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to update the information on a CD I ripped to my computer.  The name of the album is called "Animation Collections Vol. 2".  However, every time I search that, it comes back with 500+ Album and Artist results.  It is a soundtrack and produced in 1997.  I also have the album number GA-027.  How do you refine the search criteria to get better results?  I've tried "" and - and + but none of them work.  The results come back as to what year they were produced and also what kind of genre they are.  Why can I not use those as a search criteria as well?  It would help a lot.  Thank you.
    Friday, January 31, 2014 2:20 AM

Answers

• Why don't you use advanced search ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308895/en-us

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Pretty simple, search for the album on the web, copy and paste the picture/info to your computer. Then use advanced search on WMP!
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:47 PM

All replies

• Why don't you use advanced search ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308895/en-us

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Because that option is for searching on my computer through my folders and files.  I am using the Window's Media Player that is searching the internet and there is no advance search to use.  The only options I have are "Revise your search and search again" or "Edit the information manually".  I am trying to "find album info" as is recommended by the help and support section in Windows to get an album's cover and song list.

Unless there is a better and more current version of Media Player that I have but I can't even find out what version I have since it isn't listed under the "help" area either.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:28 PM
  • Unfortunately, you wont get any more updated WMP for Windows XP now.

Sunday, February 2, 2014 1:06 PM
  • And what about Win 7 pro?
    Monday, February 3, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Yes, you will get it.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:53 PM
  • Then what is the next step I should take?
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:13 PM
  • Pretty simple, search for the album on the web, copy and paste the picture/info to your computer. Then use advanced search on WMP!
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:47 PM
  • Where is this "advanced" search ability in Media Player?  I seem to be missing this "function" from my player.  All that I have is a regular search.

Also, I have thought about trying to copy and paste the album information into the "Edit the information manually" but the CD is a limited edition soundtrack from Japan and I wanted the English titles of the songs.  Searches have produced incomplete titles or "worst".

Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:35 AM