none
MS Project Pro 2013 - Task Email Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• How exactly does the task email alert work? We have resources configured/defaulted to the following:

"I receive a new task assignment in my projects"
    "My project tasks are modified"

Some resources are receiving emails even though their task isn't updated or modified. A info link to explain this will be greatly appreciated.

• Edited by Paul Lor Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:52 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:51 PM

All replies

• Paul --

The "I receive a new task assignment in my projects" permission will cause the system to send an e-mail message if either of the following situations is met:

• The team member is assigned to tasks in a completely new project.
    • The team member is assigned to one or more new tasks in an existing project.

The "My project tasks are modified" is problematic.  This permission is only supposed to cause the system to send an e-mail message when the task schedule for a team member's task is modified.  However, whether because of a bug or a design limitation, this permission caused the system to send an e-mail message to every team member in a project EVERY TIME the project manager publishes the project.  Because of this, I strongly recommend that your team members all deselect this permission.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:23 PM
  • Dale,
    I appreciate your response. Do you know if there is a easy method to deselect "My Project Task are Modified" for all resources from the admin side?

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:29 PM
  • Paul --

Short of hacking the Project Server database, there is no direct way for the Project Server administrator to change this setting for everyone.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:09 PM