none
Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Activation RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using trying to get my Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2 to install and configure properly and had no success at all, then my machine started to get hacked into, then my surface pro got hacked into for so long, at first it was mild, then it got much bolder short of having a dancing avi on my screen, I've seen a file system growing out of my favorites folder and shortcuts of administrative tools hanging out at the Public folders profile and tonight it finally succeeded in getting the darn thing installed and the initial server configuration actually not fizzing out but when I tried to get it activated I got this:

Is there anyway that anyone can help?  Thank you

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:50 AM

All replies

• hi,
    Attention: this is forum ,in order to protect your private data information ,you need to delete your picture which is included real product key. Thanks for your cooperation.

1 Have you configured this server as domain controller? You won't be able to activate if you do, you'll have to remove the domain controller role first. (for this condition ,if it is possible ,you can reinstall wse 2012r2 and not config essentials wizard then try normal method to activate it. )

2 Can this machine access to internet? this will also stop activation process.

if your server is not domain controller and can access internet very well ,we still can not activate it by using normal method.we can open command prompt(as admin) and type slui.exe 4 then click OK. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your product by calling activation center .
    Microsoft Licensing Activation Centers worldwide telephone numbers
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers.aspx

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:52 AM
  • Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 14, 2019 2:00 AM
  • hi,
    Is anything I can help you ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, June 17, 2019 2:39 AM