MSExchnageIS Event ID 1021 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

we have SBS 2003 and 2 terminak servers with server 2003 x64 bit OS, since last week when users login to server and open outlook it comes up  with error " cannot open default mail folder either there are network problem or exchange server is down for maintenance", as soon as I add users into domain admin and login again, out starts work fine.

I have checked rights on server, couldnd find anything ... any idea

Kaz 

• Edited by KazimKhan Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:12 AM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From the error message:

Cannot open default mail folder either there are network problem or exchange server is down for maintenance

It seems that the issue could be related to the network problem or Exchange server issue. However, the session could be established via the domain admin account. So the issue might be related to the permission issue.

Since you have noticed that the Event ID 1021 has been recorded in the Event Viewer, so could you please paste the entire error message (source, information, etc.) here. Of course, the problem is based on the terminal server. I think you also need to check the terminal server settings.

Any inquiries about the terminal server, I think you need to ask your question in the RDS forum, there is a link for your reference:

Title: Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)
    URL: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverTS/threads

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by James Xiong Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:00 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2012 6:55 AM