none
Console crashes when trying to backup short term to tape. RRS feed

• Question

• Good day.

I have configured a new DPM 2016 1807 server.  I believe there is a bug with this version of the software.  Unless I am the only one that has this issue?  I cannot reproduce in DPM 2012 R2 or DPM 2016 1801.

When protecting the local DPM database (I have configured a SQL server on the machine), and following the steps to back it up from here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/dpm/back-up-the-dpm-server?view=sc-dpm-1807

I have configured a new Protection group that protects all the databases for DPM.  I choose Tape as my short term retention, unselect longterm backups, and click next. 

This is the screen that gives me problems. (Specify Short-Term protection screen).I change the frequency to daily backups.  I then choose the backup mode to only full backup.  The backup schedule portion does not change from the incremental and full backup schedule to the full backup only portion.  At this point, I cannot click the back button, as the console will crash.  I can click next, and then go back to this screen, but instead of the "Only Full backup" backup mode that is selected, I am back to "Full and Incremental backups" as selected.

If I select an additional day for the incremental backups, while "only full backup" is selected, the console crashes.

So I believe it is an issue with DPM.  Is there a way I can have a bug report submitted to Microsoft?

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:12 PM

All replies