none
DataDomain L180 Changer Drivers

Question

• We are currently installing DPM 2010 on Windows 2008 R2 and plan on using a DataDomain DD660 VTL.  The drives and the changer are recognized with no issue, but we need to get the appropriate driver for DPM to recognize the tape library.  Documentation from DataDomain references contacting Microsoft for the appropriate drivers.  The drivers are needed for Windows 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit using a L180 Sun/StorageTek changer.     Is there anywhere online that this driver can be obtained?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 07, 2011 11:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunatly licensing restriction prevent us from distributing the drivers freely - if you open a support case with us we can provide the drivers to you.  I know that is not most desirable way of getting drivers, but those were the terms we need to adhere to.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunatly licensing restriction prevent us from distributing the drivers freely - if you open a support case with us we can provide the drivers to you.  I know that is not most desirable way of getting drivers, but those were the terms we need to adhere to.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:47 AM
  • Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  I will contact support.

Jerry

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:46 AM
  • Hello Moedes,

did you get the driver after contacting MS support?

I have a customer who tried to get the same driver but even after logging a case to support he wasn't able to get it.

If you did, can you please do kindly share what you exactly asked?

He also provided this ID SOX090409700051 but still no luck.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

~rockyjoe

Friday, October 14, 2011 8:40 AM
  • Hi Mike   We have an issue installing   / getting DPM  2010 working  with EMC DD640  VTL

It is representing  the Tapes as L180  orTS 3540 but  with no luck  Is there specific  drivers  at MS  or any body  out  there that got it Working  We have logged a call through out MS partner but no luck  

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:07 AM
  • Did you get your DPM  talking to the DD640 VTL ?

We have been struggling now for 2 weeks  what you describe is exactly  what we are experiencing  Where did you get the drivers eventually   

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:09 AM
  • Did you get it sorted As I sit with the same issue
    Monday, May 28, 2012 11:14 AM
  • Hi,

MS partner will not have the required drivers.

One customer reported they are available here: http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20287819

If not, you need to open a support case and we can send the drivers to you. When you talk to an MS DPM Support engineer reference ID SOX090409700051 or ID  2329095.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, May 28, 2012 4:19 PM