Exchange 2007 CCR issues RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

We have two Exchange 2007 box running on CCR. Recently, the passive node of the CCR failed and we have to replace the mainboard of the server. Because there is a lead time for waiting for the part to arrive, I would like to know whether will that affect the integrity of the CCR. Are there any concerns I should be awared of in terms of database and transaction logs synchronisation? 

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:58 AM

All replies

• Hello,

No, but there will be thousands of error event error logs in the application log.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:01 PM
  • HI,

Thanks for the reply. As I was monitoring the Active node, I realised the trans logs is filling up. What should I do to make sure the drive that contains the logs are not full? If there are changes made to the transaction logs, do I need to undo the change after my new passive node comes online.

Sorry to bother all. I am new to this CCR. Any advice please.

Thanks

Friday, July 12, 2013 1:13 AM
  • The only way to not generate new log files is to not use the system, but even then there will be some log files created.

Adding more disk space will help.

I'm not sure what you mean by "if there are changes made to the transaction logs".

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:25 PM
  • You can take regular back of Active node's database , it will truncate the transaction logs  and so drive that contains the logs will not full.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:20 AM
  • Hi Tarique,

I was told to do a full backup, which the system is doing every night, but the logs are still not truncated.

At the moment, the passive node is still down and my active node is serving the world. 

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:56 AM