Problems in search of updates for Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• The Windows Update function does only continuously search without finding any new updates and does never stop. In my update history there are a great number of failure updates. When you look into the failure information you will find error codes like 8007045B, 8004005, 800706B5, 80090017, 80010108 and 80070002.

I have tried to use Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64.msu in order to fix the update problem without any success. This tool seems to end in the same situation as the Windows Update function, only seeking after updates for the computer, which is the first step for the tool.

I have also tried the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab without any success. The tool solves some problem but not all. Every time I run the tool it does not manage to solve the error code 0x80070057.

Is there anybody who have experienced the same problem and in that case have any suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Br/HARALDKJELL

Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:32 PM

Answers

• Hi HARALDKJELL,

1. You may also try resetting windows update components:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

2. Please delete SoftwareDistribution folder in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution;

1) In cmd, enter net stop wuauserv;

2) delete SoftwareDistribution Folder;

3) In cmd, enter net start wuauserv;

3. Please run sfc/scannow on the client, check if there are corrupted system files;

4. If after doing that, check windows update log again.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 19, 2016 5:15 AM